Raise funds for us
If you would like to raise funds in aid of our charity, you can do so in a number of ways. The following activities are popular, yet you can do something else that appeals to you.
- Plan a dinner party for friends via Dinner4Good.
- Hold a tea party or coffee morning, or encourage friends and family to donate the cost of a tea and slice of cake.
- Take part in a sponsored run, walk or swim. Remember that this doesn't have to be a marathon run, walk or swim.
- Take part in a sponsored silence, which can raise awareness of the severe form of ME.
- Raise funds in your workplace through raffles, sweepstakes or a dress-down day.
- Showcase someone else's talent by organising a talent show. You can sell tickets or ask people to make a donation.
- Put sweets in a container and ask people to guess the number of sweets. You can charge a small amount for each entry and offer a prize for the winner.
- Sell something that you make or design yourself, for example, knitted items, cards, pictures or jewellery.
- Have fun and do something silly, such as shave your head, dye your hair, bath in baked beans or dress up in a costume.
Once you've planned what you are going to do, make sure you let people know about it. You can get people involved by speaking to them in person (this goes a long way), emailing them, putting up leaflets or flyers, and through social media.