Welcome to Hampshire Friends with M.E.
Click on the button below for our most recent updates:
We are a registered charity committed to supporting people with the condition ME/CFS, their relatives and carers. We offer on-going support, helpful information and advice to our members.
We have links to local NHS services, and provide on-going support in managing the condition and working towards better health. You are welcome to join as a member from the age of 16, and whilst you are awaiting a diagnosis (where ME is suspected but not yet confirmed).
To read more about our charity, please click on the button below:
On-line chat: We run a facebook group which is only available to members who have joined our charity. This keeps the group relatively small but friendly. Please be aware of our Facebook Code of Conduct
Would you like to make a donation to support our charity?
We no longer charge annual renewal fees but instead rely on donations to supplement the work that we do. Please visit the Donations page for details of how to support us.
How do I access the following content which is only available to members?
- Making Contact
- Upcoming Meetings and Events
- Benefits Guides
- Self-help Guides
- Local Services
Please log in to our "members only area" Details of how to do this can be found by clicking the button below:
What useful management advice and tips can you share with me?
There is no currently no cure for ME /CFS and the NHS is very limited as to what help it can provide. Self help and self management techniques are therefore keenly advocated by Hampshire Friends with ME. We are the ones who have to live with this illness and it is therefore incumbent on us to take responsibility for improving our own health and quality of life.
To read more about ways we can do this, please click on the button below:
Our patron, Elizabeth Turp, has written some useful information sheets. To view them, click on the button below:
Would you like to become a member?
If you would like to become a member, you can visit the Join Us page, which provides information about membership levels, benefits, and how to join.
What you can expect as a member
Most of us involved in the running of the charity have direct experience of ME, and so we have an understanding of what it means to live with the condition. If you decide to join as a member:
- We will put you in touch with others who have lived with ME and are empathic to the difficulties you may be experiencing.
- We will provide a place to socialise, share experiences, coping strategies, and form new friendships.
- We will provide helpful information about the condition. Between us we have a wealth of knowledge about strategies such as 'pacing', benefits and related services, and complementary therapies.
- We have an enquiry line for members if you need additional advice.
- Upon request, we will add you to our members-only facebook group so you can "converse" with others living with this condition.
Do you want to get in touch?
If you want to get in touch with us, please email firstname.lastname@example.org We would love to hear from you.
If you are having problems with this website, please email email@example.com