Welcome to Hampshire Friends with M.E.
We are a registered charity committed to supporting people with the condition ME/CFS, their relatives and carers. We offer on-going support, helpful information and advice to our members.
We have links to local NHS services, and provide on-going support in managing the condition and working towards better health. You are welcome to join as a member from the age of 16, and whilst you are awaiting a diagnosis (where ME is suspected but not yet confirmed).
What you can expect as a member
Most of us involved in the running of the charity have direct experience of ME, and so we have an understanding of what it means to live with the condition. If you decide to join as a member:
- We will put you in touch with others who have lived experience of ME, yet who are also empathic to the difficulties you may be experiencing.
- We will provide a place to socialise, share experiences, coping strategies, and form new friendships.
- We will provide helpful information about the condition. Between us we have a wealth of knowledge about strategies such as 'pacing', benefits and related services, and complementary therapies.
- We will put you in touch with our telephone Counsellor if you're finding it really difficult to cope with the condition, or want support as a relative or carer of someone with ME.
- We will provide you with our regular newsletter 'Connect', and a range of other resources.
Would you like to become a member?
If you would like to become a member, you can visit the Join Us page, which provides information about membership levels, benefits, and how to join.
Would you like to make a donation to support our charity?
We no longer charge annual renewal fees but instead rely on donations to supplement the work that we do. Please visit the Donations page for details of how to support us.
Our members-only area of the website contains the following sections:
- Making Contact
- Upcoming Meetings and Events
- Benefits Guides
- Audio Books and Self-help Guides
- Local Services
To log in to the members-only area, please Log in Here. When the page loads, click on ‘log in with username and password’. Your username / login ID is your first initial (capital letter) followed by your surname (lowercase). No spaces, no hyphen for double barrelled surnames. So, for example, if my name was Jane Smith-Jones, my login ID would be: Jsmithjones
If you would like to recommend a local service to our members please Click Here to submit the information.
Our patron, Elizabeth Turp, has written some useful information sheets
To view them, Click Here
Do you want to get in touch?
If you want to get in touch with us, please email firstname.lastname@example.org We would love to hear from you.
If you are having problems with this website, please email email@example.com